To release password or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lawyer sound like a possibility, but for only 10 days out of a $360/mo contract (=$150) is small claims court. That's all I billed them for. I don't think thatÂ’s worth a lawyer's time.

The router password - I initially thought the router password it was different than what it actually was. They think I can't remember it. I just recently remembered what it actually is and now have access to it. In there is my dilemma

Then you probably better off just chalking up the cost and learning a valuable lesson.
I would just give them the password and move on with life. Keeping the password is not going to do any good, they'll just eventually reset the router and re-configure the settings. It seems to be a small business so it won't be too hard to re-configure.
If you are stuck on getting your money then propose a deal that you will settle for 65% of what is owed to you (without the company slandering your name or giving you a bad reputation) and in return you will give them the password they need. Put this in writing.

Thanks to all that replied. THe prospective small business set me the final check. Since I remembered the correct password, I gained access to the router and changed it to the password I gave them. Everybody satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom