Redirect all traffic to a proxy server

Status
Not open for further replies.

folieadeux

Beta member
I am looking for, preferably a standalone program (no need of external device) that can "redirect" all traffic to a HTTP proxy.

Meaning, I can change browser settings so it will use the proxy - but if the site uses for example Java it will connect directly to my computer. And it seems like I can't change this behavior.

Thank you.

I do not know exaxctly what you are talking about. If you want IE to use a proxy, in IE click tools, internet ops, connections, lan settings

Why do you want to redirect all your connection to a proxy server? Do you want to have a central computer to control Internet access? Do you need to surf anonymously? More information would give us a better idea.

Law said:
Why do you want to redirect all your connection to a proxy server? Do you want to have a central computer to control Internet access? Do you need to surf anonymously? More information would give us a better idea.

Correct. Currently a Java App is connecting directly to the webserver, ruining my anonymity.

I think I understand what you are talking about.

Because the java application connects directly to the web server, you want it so that the java application connects to a proxy server then the proxy server connects to that web server for you?

What java applet do you have installed? Sun Java? To surf anonymously (if you don't want anyone to know your IP) you need to connect to an outside proxy server, you can't make your own since it's still in your network and you'll be using the same global IP. That doesn't really work anonymously. Anonymously would be connecting so someone else proxy server and have them connect to the web server for you, therefore the web server will see the proxy server and not you.

So find a free proxy server http://www.proxy4free.com/page1.html and configure your java application to connect to the IP address of the proxy server and the port that it use. Same with your web browser. Some server won't support java so you'll have to find one that does.

Correct, I tried it but I can't set a proxy for the Java program. As you see here:

http://www.hiproxy.com/rip.htm

It will still be contacting the webserver directly even if your browser is using a SOCKS or HTTP proxy.

I checked that by setting a network listener and the request came from my IP and not the proxy's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom