Really weak signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brisky

Baseband Member
Hey guys I just got the new D-Link Wirless 108G Gaming Router with the fancy Gamefuel Piority tech that Ubisoft developed.

Any ways I live in a fairly big old Victorian house made of brick and old concrete the works.

I am trying to get this to connect with my xbox and I already bought the other D-Link reciever for it too.

Orginally I had the router on opposite ends of my house on different floors and I started off with a very weak signal that was eventually lost and never found again.

So I moved the router upstairs so that it is pretty much less then 60 ft away and almost in direct viewing distance of the other reciever.

Mind you there is still rooms in the way.

But still same thing happened.

Is my situation just hopeless and I should just stick to wired or what?
Should I wrap my anntena in tin foil and do a little dance?

Thanks in advance!

OOO.

Fancy Can anntenna things.

So on that first link where do you go to buy it?

I did not find it...

Oh, I just posted that link because it was the first thing to pop up on google to give you an example, and give you an idea. Just search for it in google or msn, what ever you like. I'm sure there are many different brands and prices to chose from.

I see.

Have you tried them?

How well do they really work?

I just can't believe how weak of reception it transmitts in this house and its only two rooms away.

I have not tried it myself, because I get at least a 2 bars from anywhere in my house or back. But I know a person who owns one of these he claims that it greatly improved his signal indoors.

You say that you have thick walls and stuff, and I'm not sure how much it would help you if the wireless cant penetrate through the 60 feet of whatever you have. I suggest if you are going to try one of these, buy it from a store where you can easily return it if you aren't satisfied.

Man I had direct line of sight down my hall and still it was either weak or nadda.

Any how I took it back.

Guess hardlines are the way to go for this house.

This type of house construction is the reason HomePlug is gaining popularity in Europe compared to Wi-Fi. The trick dense walls in a lot of the homes prevents wireless from working very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom