Really slow connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

S0ULphIRE

Golden Master
I've just setup a new server, and for some reason it's internet connection is SLOW.

If I do a speedtest.net test on it I get something like 2megs up and down, as opposed to another computer on the same network segment which gets 50megs up and 12 down. I get a 180mS latencty, instead of a 30mS.

The firewall is disabled, the latest drivers/systemupdates/servicepacks are installed. What's going on?

edit: in speedtest it also shows the little 'man' icon in the wrong spot, puts it right in the middle of australia. AND it shows the wrong recommended server. The recommended server should be in perth, less than 50 Km's away, yet it picks Adelaide, which is like over 2,000Km away.

i would look at the network first, dose the network have vlan's ? Is the network using QoS...
try pluging in a diffrent pc and see how it reacts.

Did some more testing, turns out it was the IP Address. I had set it up on the proxy server to get full access, but for some reason it was being slowed somwhere along the line.

So I added a username/password for the proxy, logged in on the troubled server and presto! Everything worked fine.
I still have no idea why the problem was happening in the first place, probably bound to be a little setting I missed somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom