RADMIN - connect issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

james MTL

Solid State Member
Based on some suggestions from this board, I downloaded a trial version of radmin to use with my laptop while away from my PC. I set everything up, radmin server on PC and radmin viewer on laptop and everything was working great while still in the same building and on the same router as my PC. Today, I tested it while on the road. I am located in Canada and I am using a USB Wireless router by NOVOTEL. I get my connection and I know it is working as I am able to access the internet. I then click on the radmin viewer icon, click on my IP connection and I get an error message saying that it cannot connect. I spoke with RADMIN (general line) and they could not help. Any ideas from those here who use this software?

Many thanks.

Based on some suggestions from this board, I downloaded a trial version of radmin to use with my laptop while away from my PC. I set everything up, radmin server on PC and radmin viewer on laptop and everything was working great while still in the same building and on the same router as my PC. Today, I tested it while on the road. I am located in Canada and I am using a USB Wireless router by NOVOTEL. I get my connection and I know it is working as I am able to access the internet. I then click on the radmin viewer icon, click on my IP connection and I get an error message saying that it cannot connect. I spoke with RADMIN (general line) and they could not help. Any ideas from those here who use this software?

Many thanks.

You'll need to open up the port that Radmin uses on the remote PCs firewall. That port also needs to be opened in the router and assigned to the PC. In case you didn't know you'll need to use the remote routers external IP address and not the PCs internal address that router assigned to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom