Quick help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
This is killing me...

We've been using a wired router for two years now... However, my sister uses a laptop with wireless, so we got a wireless router... I set it up thismorning, it's a very simple setup, just the ADSL modem connected to the router, the router wired to two computers, and my sister would use the wireless function...

The wired computers work fine... However my sister's connection haults at "acquiring network address", and she never gets a real connection to the internet... I don't have any wireless security enabled (yet), so you can rule that out. It's not signal, she gets full signal. I don't have it set up as a DCHP server (again; yet, I'm trying to fix this main problem before I set anything else up)

The laptop can connect to my neighbors unsecured wireless network fine, even with the weak signal.

Anyone got any solutions I can try?

Can you please post what the solution what the problem was, for reference in searches if other members have similar issues.

Router was set to only give out one IP at a time, the wired computer was using it, so it wouldn't hand out an IP to the laptop... I overlooked one of the options in the router setting page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom