Question About USB 3G Connect Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitersety

Daemon Poster
I was considering buying a connect card for my computer for this summer because I'll be working at a remote camp and I'd like to have internet access on my PC (it's not a laptop). I don't want to get a data card with a 2-year contract since I will only need it for 2 months, and I also don't want to drop 250.00 for one without a contract.

So I turned to ebay and this is what I am considering buying:

In Box UNLOCKED AT&T SIERRA 875U 3.5G AIRCARD USB MODEM - eBay (item 250371235207 end time May-10-09 16:16:56 PDT)

It says it comes with an unlocked simlock. Now, I don't currently have a SIM card for ATT's network. So my question is, how would I go about getting this connected and paying for it on a month-to-month basis?

Any help is appreciated.

Good luck is all I can say. You'd have to go to an AT&T store to set up service, and most places won't want to sign you up without a contract. Actually, I'm not entirely sure if they can in the first place...

My advice is go talk to an AT&T dealer. Find out for sure. Say something like you already have the card.

You do realize there's a 5gb soft cap, right? As well as costing 60 bucks a month, and you need to be able to get AT&T service where you are, and if you don't have 3G in the area you are staying, you'll have speeds at best 3 times faster than dialup?

Well the area I'm going to be at has great AT&T service. The phone I have right now is through Verizon, and things would be a lot simpler if I could just upgrade my plan to add data through them, and then tether the phone to my PC, but unfortunately Verizon doesn't have great service up there.

AT&T will be your best bet, but you'll have to talk to a sales rep at a local store to find out about the contract thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom