Question about getting Optimum Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Roper

Beta member
OK, so here's the situation. I live in an apartment in a house. My landlord does not have a computer, but they do have the IO digital cable. I asked my landlord if I could get OOL for my computer. They said it was OK. I told them I could order it online if they gave me their Cablevision account number since the cable is in their name. Nothing is in my name.

So I go on the OOL website to order it, and this message came back:

It appears from our records that you are currently an Optimum Online subscriber. If you would like to order an additional modem to be billed at an additional rate, please select continue below.

I don't understand this. How can they be an Optimum Online Subscriber if they don't have a computer? Can I just buy a cable modem myself and get OOL?

Just a little confused here. Thank you for any help you guys can give me.

Well, you won't just be able to buy any modem. You will have to call them and give them the MAC address of the cable modem that you buy. They may even have a list of cable modems that they will not support too. It's probably best just to call them and sort out the OOL mystery. Perhaps someone else in the building has it? Maybe a billing address mix up? Either way, I would try and sort it out for them.

Maybe they were talked into a IO digital and OOL combo plan of some sort and didn't realize it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom