Protecting Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need details

It's very hard to do on home networks.

I recomend a cisco PIX firewall :) Personally, I just use cisco CBAC (Inspection) with access lists, that's after I reload my Operating System onto my router though.

firewalls... good ones.. not cheap pos's.. lol :) be like chris and be behind elite firewalls :D

I say get a free version of Zone Alarm, combine with XP firewall will add additional protection. A basic home router is great too! You don't have to spend a fortune and It also adds additonal protection for your computer. Use uptodate anti-virus program, also scanning your computer regulary with ad-aware and spybot helps rid of unwanted pest. Most importantly.....practice safe browsing.

Law said:
I say get a free version of Zone Alarm, combine with XP firewall will add additional protection. A basic home router is great too! You don't have to spend a fortune and It also adds additonal protection for your computer. Use uptodate anti-virus program, also scanning your computer regulary with ad-aware and spybot helps rid of unwanted pest. Most importantly.....practice safe browsing.

This does very well for alot of people.

A person goes by with a port scanner, they will find better targets than you. However if someone wants to target you, that stuff does not stop a pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom