Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezekiel

Baseband Member
Hey, ive got 3 computer to a router to a modem. My internet works when im connected through the router but when i connect directly it says it is limited and no connectivity. Any Ideas?

what is the question actually my friend?

You are connecting all your computers to router and they are working but i don't understand when you connect directly means what?
Where are you conneting all your computers directly?

Are you getting IP addresses via DHCP or static? Your router should be set up to issue dynamic IP addresses or you can set it up static. Your ISP will send you a different IP than your router will, usually not anywhere close to the same range as your router. So, if you use DHCP, you should be able to connect directly to the modem with no problems. If you have static addressing, you can't, you either have to go DHCP or change your static IP when you don't use the router. Check your DNS settings and see what they are.

My router is setup DHCP. The reason i want to is because my internet has seemed alot slower after i got a new router so i connected directly to the modem to see if it would speed up or something and it didnt connect and i was like wtf..

Did you power cycle the modem?

I know that sometimes modems have problems when you change the device connected to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom