Problems with wifi and the router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the DS around with a wifi enabled game and search for AP's. See if it gets signals anywhere. Do you know how the wireless works on a DS by the way? You can't just make it go wireless unless you have a wifi game to setup your connection on...just making sure.

Yes, I was using Metroid Prime: Hunters. After a little checking at local hotspots, wifi works elsewhere. Is there any reason at all why it shouldn't work with the specific router?

Oh okay good. I really can't say honestly. I don't know if Nintendo has a compatibility list like xbox live does or not. I think it's designed to just "work" with any 802.11b frequency but can't guarantee that statement at all.

Perhaps search around on wiichat.com or something like nintendo.com in their forums and dig up any info if there is any on connectivity issues. Also- perhaps try just contacting nintendo directly and asking "hey, should this work with my stuff"?

I know for my DS it didn't work unless it was setup perfectly, the Wii was the same way. 4x mode on the router had to be disabled, it had to be a WEP key, it can't authenticate with WPA at all. I had to make several changes to the routers output as well, less on the output rates, 1-2mbps vice "auto" and some other stuff. I forget where I found that info out at, but if you look you'll find it like I did just as well I would think. I had to make several changes. Also- the channel had to be different. It did NOT work on channel 6 (routers usual default) so I made it channel 1 or 11. Either of the 2 extremes.

My best advice is find the router config crap for the nintendo systems like I did and you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom