problems with motorola SBG900

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewattheu

Solid State Member
I have a motorola sbg900 wireless surfboard gateway and can not get my laptop to find the wireless connection. It works via ethernet fine but can not do wireless connection I tried using settings through network configuration page but can never find the network connection my wireless card is an Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN

1. if you go into 'network connections' can you see the icon for your wireless connection?
2. is it enabled?
3. is it set to automatically configure its IP address?
4. can it connect to any other wireless networks around you (e.g local hotspot)?

ya my computer can connect to other wireless networks my problem is not with my computer's wireless adapter I'm pretty sure the problem involves something with the modem gateway or the way I set it up since I had to do it without the install cd (because I don't have it)

sorry, I was sidetrack earlier. type 192.168.100.1. in you web browser. You should see a box prompting you for your username and password. Enter your username and password now. By default the username is admin, and the password is motorola. Click the Log In button to log in to your router.

go to wireless. I don't remember the rest. it's been years since I had that modem. but it's common sense from here

yes i did that types in 192.168.100.1 in the web browser went to the wireless section and checked the box enable wireless interface and my computer can not find the network

yes i did that types in 192.168.100.1 in the web browser went to the wireless section and checked the box enable wireless interface and my computer can not find the network

did you encrypt it? some adapter don't know wpa networks

I did try wep but that shouldn't matter for wireless signal only security also I tried using netstumbler and it couldn't find a signal either

I did try wep but that shouldn't matter for wireless signal only security also I tried using netstumbler and it couldn't find a signal either

that do matter for wireless signal. older card made before wpa won't see a wpa network. trusty me on that. I've had to set some people network to wep for this reason. post pictures of your wireless settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom