problems with ethernet card

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
OK I was moving all the parts of my bro's computer to another case, and all that change was the PSU. When I turned on the computer, I noticed that the ethernet card doesn't have any activity lights going on like it usually does. It is recognized in the device manager, and says this device is working properly, but no internet. I think because I put it in another pci slot instead of how it originally was?

Open up command prompt and ping 127.0.0.1 to see if you get a reply.

Plug it into your modem or router and right click on the connection and select repair. If you network was manually setup, you will have to get into the TCP/IP setting and enter the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway and DNS.

You do have the driver installed and have it connected to the router or modem? If there isn't any light try switching out the ethernet cable.

OK I connected it to the my router and it seems to be working fine. It's because of my connections. My phone company is Vonage and before moving the parts my bro's comp was connected to the vonage modem, and then the vonage modem is connected to the router. Thanks though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom