problems with conneting to a wireless network

Status
Not open for further replies.

peroxid

Beta member
I bought just recently the Asus N61vg, and it was working just fine until yesterday, when it disconnected from my wireless connection and then said it couldnt find any connection. I tried to restart it but nothing has changed. the first think that came to my mind is that i had accidently shut the wireless adapter down (also i can't find any connection, not just mine, there were like 5 other connections from the neighbours, which don't appear anymore, and the little light with the wireless symbol is off). well in asus n61vg case, there is a function key (where you must press the fn + the other key) with the wireless symbol on it, and when i press it, the wireless symbol pops up on the screen and then fades away, but it changes nothing.

please help me to activate the wireless adapter back (or if its another problem correct it)

EDIT: i've run the troubleshoot (in windows 7) and it says it is the adapter that is off. Sorry for troubling you with such any noob problem, but this is really blowing my head off.

thx in advance

First Question: You said the laptop "disconnected from your wireless connection". Did you manually disconnect it or did you simply close your browser?

--- lets continue ---

So the Wifi 'symbol' is lit up right?

If yes: Check Device Manager to make sure the "adapter" is "enabled".
Check to make sure the driver is installed as well.

check to make sure whatever application (ex: Windows Wireless, Dell wireless...etc) you use to connect to the "wireless network" is set to "default" or is "managing your wireless connections".

hey peroxid,

I don't know if you've solved your problem yet (or if my comment is any help at all), but I had the same issue today with my N61vg, and very nearly paniced when I couldn't solve it.

However, I found out that the wireless on/off slider on the left hand side of the laptop was set to off for some unknown reason (most likely happened during transport which is why I hadn't noticed)...turned it to 'on' and everything is dandy :)

Feel like a newb for not noticing myself, and as I said it might not be why yours isn't working (and why you haven't posted any follow-up yet :p), but hey...it might help your or someone else out ;)

rgds
/imag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom