problem setting up DDNS Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidalforce

Beta member
I have been trying hard to set up a DDNS Service with NO-IP for web hosting on my home PC with no success :eek: . Whenever a third party tries to connect a window popsup asking for the ADSL Router username and password.

I am using ADSL connection for the internet via Modem/Router UT-300R2U and have tried to forward port 80 but with my less than basic skills havent achieved anything so far.

I need your help Pl.

No, it's working, you have your router set as configurable over the Internet. Turn that crap off and run a HTTP server (such as apache) on the computer you port forwarded port 80.

Sometimes ISP's will block port 80 because they don't want customers running their own web servers (mine does). A work around is to forward port 80 traffic on a different port (ex: 8080). This would have to be changed on your router, as well as your Apache config file.

NO-IP also offers port re-directing.

I actually just set up a no-ip account this past weekend. So far it is running smoothly. I have the webpage running in linux on my D-LINK DNS-323 NAS device. Good luck with your setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom