Problem with Port Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

marconis

Baseband Member
I am almost ready to burst. I am a member of a torrent site, and they require a good share ratio in order to remain a member. My ratio is terrible, because everything I am seeding isnt even uploading at all (0 kbs). So, I realized I have to open my port(s). The people from the site told me how to do it, and now it isnt even showing that the port is open. I dont know what I did wrong, I followed every step. On the D-Link Forwarding Rules site, my computer is no longer even listed in the drop down list(Dropdown list is "Computer Name"). I really need help, and sorry if I confused anyone, I am very frusterated and upset. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone :)

When I try to make a static IP, i dont think i can because when i go into command prompt and type in ipconfig/ all, it only gives me one DNS server when there should be 2

I have no idea what you just said about static IP. One DNS server is fine if your internet works, you only have the second DNS server for backup and your computer never use that one until the first one goes down anyways. If your internet works fine then don't worry about DNS it has nothing to do with trying to port forward right now.

Give me the brand and model of your router. And make sure when you do ipconfig /all that you note down your IP address, then I'll give you step by step from here.

Ok now I get what you are saying, if you wanted to configure your computer IP address manually you have to go into network properties then right click on your network connection then select properties then double click TCP/IP. Here you should be able to enter IP address,SM,DG and the DNS servers. But you have to disable DHCP on the router inorder for this to work, other wise if you choose an IP address inside the DHCP pool you will run into conflicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom