Problem playing COD4 (connection issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just his. We got the Cat5e cable ran today (yay) and our netgear is now hooked up to the westell (which is a router/modem... cant change it, it sucks), but we have our own subnetwork within the houses network in our bedroom. We can connect to COD:WaW correctly now, everythign works fine, i just have one concern...

We have verizon fios, what package we have, unknown...

I had it at my dads (prior to being kicked out) and we had 20mbps down, and 10mbps up. However here, we get tests ranging from 25/20, 20/10, and 10/20... oddly enough, the 25/20 comes from my friends pc, along with the 10/20, yet every other pc in the house gets a 10mbps upload. what could be causing his pc to have double upload? its not mis-calculated either, uploading files really proves it.
---Just wondering about that tho, not mandantory...

What is though, I still can not disable the damned passworded file sharing!!! Im trying to get it to work just between my desktop and laptop atm to move some files for back up, both are in MSHOME, both have the same username, both have the same password. I used to be able to (even with password on) to just go to network devices, double click on runzw01fgt and browse my public, downloads, and music directories, but now when i click it i get this message:

"\\CARL-RUNZW01FGT is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer"

Very frustrating. I would be the network administrator here lol... and makes me want to throw my laptop at my tower because i dont know wtf it is...

I don't know if this will help you but I just read about a method of giving your guest account a password on cmd.. and that seemed to work..
Can't disable password protected file sharing
Hope that link helps in some way. I know how much error messages can be annoying. Hopefully that link works... also btw finally have fun on COD 5 ;)

Sadly I have already done that procedure quite a few times now on both machines to no avail... I might give it a few weeks as its not mandatory (i got two backup drives in my tower) but im more worried about the files on my laptop because, well, it moves, my tower don't lol... I will just reinstall with home premium back on my laptop and see if i can make it work, but before that im going to try ultimate... again... dunno why, it just sounds cooler

And TY, i'e been mobbin up on nazi zombies and team deathmatch, that was yesterday, today ive been on fear 2, going to beat it tomorrow, then launch myself into GTA:4 for a few days, then back to COD:5, then to SoldierFront after they fix their Play Live button (they changed it to some stupid Game Start bs... couldn't even use grammar check... Start Game... lmao)

Vista isnt the nicest of operating systems ;) You haven't backed up your files on laptop at all?
I also have COD 5 and GTA IV .. good games
I find COD 5 addictive.

Well if you decide you want it back.. post some screenshots and desribe it more.. might be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom