problem playing BF2142 online

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
Whenever I play BF2142 online, I keep getting a message saying "there is a problem with your internet connection" and freeze for about a second. It will do this several times during a round but it never does kicks me. I am using a Linksys wireless g adapter when this happens. I am also using a Linksys router.

A while back I was using an old Belkin wireless g adapter and I never did get that message. Why would it be doing this on the Linksys card and not the Belkin card? I constantly have full signal.

I also did a speed test and I am running where I should be at. I got 10.10 mbps for the download and 0.95 for the upload and a ping of 55. While playing online, what number matters more?

I am going to try the forwarding the ports first. It shows I need to enter 15 ports for Battlefield and I only have space to enter 10 ports. How do I enter all of them? Also for the name it says to enter name1, do I put in Battlefield21421?

For the name you can use BF1 or Battlefield21421, what ever you want for that, it just needs to be a unique name for each. I suggest using BF1 for the first port, BF2 for the second, BF3, so on.

As far as the ten port limit goes you can combine ports. For example if it says to open ports 5000 and 5005, instead of making one rule for each you can make one rule and just open all port from 5000 - 5005.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom