problem with linksys wireless adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsteffens

Contributor
I bought the WMP54G as recommended on this board, followed the instructions to a T, and when I turned the computer back on there was nothing there that should have been, as in the setup said it would restart the install. there is a little wireless network icon in the bottom corner that when I double click, it opens the linksys network screen, and yet I cannot click any button except exit!

I have an abit IP35E. not sure what to do!!!

EDIT:

When I go to my computer (right click), hardware, device manager, it does NOT show up.

Sorry about the double post! It would not let me edit again and I need to add info...

EDIT 2

Well I downloaded the driver onto my laptop. I'm going to burn it to a Cd and see if I can install it manually that way. Any ideas??

Did the router come with a setup disc? Did you unplug the router, modem and shut down your PC and then in this order plug them in/turn them on.

Router
Modem
PC

This will allow the modem and router to talk to each other. Also can you access the routers web page? Type in 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.0 does that get you anywhere?

BTW i merged your posts. ;)

the router is already setup. Any other computer that is wireless connects immediately no issues. Thanks for the info! However from what I see on my screen, something was not installed properly. Do you think perhaps that because my IP35E double boots, that this action screws up the process the install is trying to do?

I will try the above mentioned tomorrow. The router is in my mom's room and she is asleep.

What do you mean by double boots? I triple boot my system but no matter what OS i boot into i can connect.

you know, the IP35E when you start it, turns on, off, and then on and starts up. It's a problem with the BIOS they still haven't worked out.

It might be the issue. I can not say for sure till we have tried everything else. ;)

All right. Would it do any harm to try installin the driver off a CD? I'm tryin to add something else to my list to try too tomorrow. I am gettin ready to hit the hay but I thought I'd gather some info. I really appreciate the help!

You can try to install the driver from the CD. If anything it could only help. If not there are ways to get rid of it.

Well for kicks and grins I tried one higher PCI slot and it works like a charm! Replying from my new self built computer. Thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom