problem with a laptop not picking up network connections

Santuzzo

Daemon Poster
Hi,

my g/f's laptop has a problem picking up network connections:
at home it only detects our network, which is fine, but it used to pick up more networks.
And at friend's places it won't pick up any networks, even connecting it to a LAN connection failed.

I don't know what the problem, is, and I don't think the network card could be damaged as it still does pick up our home wireless, but that's about the only network it does pick up.

Does anybody of you have an idea what the problem here oculd be?
I'd appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks,
Lars

Are you using a 3rd party application to connect to wifi signals? What program are you using to see what wifi is available?

I ask because if you have a 3rd party program installed (which most new PC's come with) it disables Windows ability to manage wifi connections, so you will see on the wifi page a message saying wifi is managed by another application, please enable <something> zero in order for windows to manage your wifi.

Are you using a 3rd party application to connect to wifi signals? What program are you using to see what wifi is available?

I ask because if you have a 3rd party program installed (which most new PC's come with) it disables Windows ability to manage wifi connections, so you will see on the wifi page a message saying wifi is managed by another application, please enable <something> zero in order for windows to manage your wifi.

Thanks!
No I usually connect without a 3rd party application.
But I fixed the issue yesterday. After extensive googling I found a Microsoft KB article that had some suggestions that I went through, and all I had to do was change the wireless network card's setting back to default, that did the trick!

Back
Top Bottom