Problem with internet websites won't load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
I have a linksys wrt54g and a few times in throughout the day websites will stop loading. Torrents go fine *linux iso's of course ;)*, my im client still goes through, and widgets still update. If i power cycle the router and cable modem everything is fine again. What could be going wrong here. Computers on both wired and wireless connections have this problem.

And then Windows redetects the connection all over again and everything is fine correct? I go through that here enough where the connection will drop off from a dsl router and pages will simply freeze or the page can not be shown error appears.

It sounds like it's a router that's been in use for a few years at this point and may need to be replaced. As for wireless you have to stay within a short distance from the router or the signal tends to drop off entirely rather suddenly.

Torrents go well since those tend to use less bandwidth while taking forever to finish downloading anything. :rolleyes::p

The router is several years old now. Already replaced the modem once recently. I'll see how far i can push this one, but i'll be on the lookout for a new router now.

The one here is about 6 or 7yrs. old now and regardless of version or system connected only the host with the nik card stays synced at all times. Talk about reboot every so often just to get back on regardless of XP or Vista. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom