problem with internet connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

bango

Solid State Member
I have roger's cable, which is then put through a router, then to our computers.

Today I came home and the internet wasn't working, I then plugged the internet cable directly into my computer and the net worked, then I tried into the other one, and it wouldn't work. Then I put it back through the router, and after a bunch of replugging in and re-enabling connections I finally got it to work.

But one of the problems I was experiencing, was that when I goto network connections, the thing under internet gateway says disabled, when I clicked enable it would say "connected" then it would say disabled again. that would always happen. And now even though the internet is working, that problem is still happening, what's going on?

and the internet just disconnected itself, and I had to reenable and repair the connects, and is acting all slow and trouble loading things, what's going on

you need to to do a fresh install of the entire network rip it out and start again! you also need to re-install the network stack what os are you running win2k xp linux?

have you checked Your DHCP settings? Tried doing an ipconfig/renew in a DOS window to make sure your computer is getting an IP address? Barring that, make sure you don't have a bad network cable or anythink like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom