Problem with internet connectiono

Status
Not open for further replies.

chi3sa

Beta member
OK,
so the problem is with my internet. I have some problems recently with my computer. It's a custom built and allright and handling things. So yesterday i turned on my computer and went to start up aim but it said it couldn't be reached. So i look down and it says that a cable is unplugged. I check all cables everything is okay i switch them around nothing happens. I've done everything possible! I can tell you anything about my computer. I seem to think the problem is my IP. When i check it it looks nothing like what i my router looks like. Im connected to a computer which is hosting the internet, i guess. SO some program or sumthing is changing my IP i think? I had the aim virus before and i tthink i got rid of it. I also downloaded that Window's Live One care thing and blocked lockx.exe from acessing the internet which is wat the aim virus is. I hope this isn't it. Right now im running Avast virus scan. Plzz help i wanna be on my computer. AIM me or Email me when ever if you have suggestions.
THANKYOU... allstarboy789 george_chiesa@yahoo.com

-chi3sa :D

what IP address does your computer have?
Is it coming up with a 169.x.x.x address?

to find out the IP address of your PC, go to START > RUN, type 'CMD', then in the new window type 'IPCONFIG'

Also, when the cable is plugged in, are the LED's on the back of your NIC card on the PC on?? These LED's are located right next to the jack for the ethernet cable.

yes when ipconfig is run it comes up with a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx how every many should be after. Something else i noticed was whenever i restart it asks if i would like to end ".NET BROADCAST EVENT MANAGER" which is not responding. thanks for the replay

-chi3sa

oh and the lights are on

that 169.x.x.x IP Address means that your PC is not connected to a DHCP router. After a set amount of time, if you fail to get assigned an IP address via DHCP, windows automatically assigns an IP address in the 169.x.x.x range. Make sure that your router is set up correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom