Problem with Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

wootz

Beta member
Hello everyone,

What's happening is the following, I'm having trouble with the internet on my computer and I have been about three months trying to solve them, I tried everything.
I'll try to explain using the best examples of what has happened to me. For example, I turn on uTorrent and I lose internet on all other place, like if I try to use firefox, internet explorer or teamspeak,I cant find the server or open a webpage, but I can keep myself in the in places like MSN and Steam. Another example, from time to time I'm in teamspeak and simply it appears 'connection lost', and I fall from the server. If I try to play an online game it happens again, I start playing and then the internet goes dead, but stays on MSN or Steam.

Already formatted, I called to my ISP to see if it was them, I have done a speed test and gave the correct values of the Internet that I'm paying, I swapped the network card. Oh, the first time I swapped the internet card, it worked well for three days then returned to stop working. I've done a virus scan using three different programs, all without ever virus. My ISP has already sent a guy to my house, but no use.

MY Computer specs are:

Intel Core2Duo 2,00ghz
Motherboard: Asis P5GC-MX \1333
Graphics: XFX GF 9800GT 512MB
Power: Silentforce 430W
Network Card: A cheap one with 10/100Mb

If you need anything else just tell me. Please, I really need your help, i've tried pretty much everything I could remember, plus I googled it and nothing popped up.

Thanks in advance guys.

PS: I am not a natural-born english speaker, so pardon my mistakes.

PS2: My router is the Netgear CVG834G.

Thank you patonb, I'm going to try it :)

Ok, I stumbled upon a forum topic in my ISP's forum, and there isn't a firmware update, rather, I disabled and option of firewall in my router and it seems to be working now.

Thank you very much patonb, you kinda saved my life :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom