problem with cable dying after idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

signum

Beta member
I'm on a home network with 4 computers with Roadrunner service. I've been recently having a problem with my internet connection dying after my computer is idle. For example, I'll leave for maybe 2 hours, come back, and my internet connection will be dead. But the weird thing is say I'm on aim while I go out my aim will work but not my internet explorer. In fact, I think it's mostly my browser that doesn't work after idle sessions. The internet on the other 3 computers work perfectly fine no matter how long they are idle. Not sure what other information is needed but this is all I can think of. Any suggestions or solutions? Thanks in advance!

Check device manager, go to your NIC properties then power management tab. Make sure the computer is not allow to turn the device off to save power.

For some reason AIM seem to stay on when IE doesn't work, then 5 mintues later it disconnect. Weird but I can't explain it.

Thanks for the reply. I tried it but it didn't fix for some reason. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom