Probably a stupid question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humbucker

In Runtime
If it is please humour me hehe. Had this PC 2 weeks now and I was browsing around control panel earlier and looked at the network connections and the ISP/connection I use was there under the dial up tab but under the LAN/High speed internet tab was:-

1394 connection
1394 Net adapter #4

and it says it's connected and seems to have been so since I started the PC up. When I look at the status it says the connection speed is 400 Mbps and sent/received is 0(packets whatever they are).

I just want to know what this is and is it something that SHOULD be connected. This PC has wireless capabilities and such so I'm wondering if it has anything to do with that. If anybody could tell me what this is it would put my mind at rest. I probably sound dumb but hey if you don't ask.........:)

Done a couple of google searches and I now see it is used to connect devices such as video cameras and transfer data between computers. SHOULD it be connected though?

Yeah I know that now, I just want to know if it should be connected. I can be a little paranoid about computer stuff sometimes as you can see LOL.

It's perfectly normal - it just means that the firewire port is enabled but as you are not using it there has been no packets sent/received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom