Printing across VPN (posted on behalf of Murph76)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethereal_Dragon

Fully Optimized
Posting this for a member that is having issues posting....

Murph76 said:
I have a Main office with SBS2003 & Client PC's and I have a remote office with dsl static ip router that uses MS vpn to connect to the main office. I'm trying to share a printer in the remote office so the main office client pc's can print to this printer.

I shared the printer in the remote office, connected to the main office with vpn and installed the printer on the server, so far so good. I then setup a printer on the server and created a new port pointing to the printer share name eg.\\remote\printer. I then shared this local printer on the server so the clients in the main office can install this printer.

Now the problem: I can print to the remote printer from the server without problems and I can install the printer on the clients but after installing the printer on the clients I get error when trying to print. The error is just "print error".

Any ideas would be great and by the way all clients are xp pro sp2

Murph

more...
Murph76 said:
its an old dot matrix needed for printing dockets and only has parallel port and no network card. I also didnt want to use a direct jet box or simular so I have it shared on the pc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom