printer sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
A co worker of mine has asked me the best way to deal with this at the lowest cost.

What he wants is this. He has two computers. Each of which has a printer connected to it. He wants to be able to print from both computer on either printer. One of the computers has internet access and the other has important customer info such as credit card numbers. There for this must be secure.

My suggestion was using a router and share the printers. I also thought using a crossover cable but this would not be secure at all. Another thought was using some sort of print hub that you could connect two printers to. Do these exist? What do you guys think would be the best way to go about doing this project and what are some good prices for the hardware to do so.

I would think that you could get a splicing cable and Connect the two computers and printers, BUT it wouldnt be secure so i wouldnt suggest that... urm... why would he need two printers? o_O he can just use the printer on the customer service one. the one with the internet you can save information directly to a disk and move it to the other computer, its safe from hackers and stuff, dont have to worry about spyware taking information.

The reason for two printers is, one is color and one is black and white. He uses the black and white one to print things like word documents and checks where as he uses the color one for the business, printing cards and things of that nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom