Printer Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahwork328

Beta member
Hey everyone, this is my first time posting here. I tried to do a few searches, and I don't think this has ever been covered before..

I live in a dorm, and my suitemate has a printer. I've thought about setting up a network, but it seemed a little unneccessary.. I don't really need a network, just his printer. I recently got an iPod, and when I loaded itunes on my computer that I had access to other people's music that live in my dorm, and I installed itunes on my suitemates computer and we can access eachother's music as well. So i guess we're all on the same lan network. Then I got to thinking, if we can share music throuh the network, could we share the printer? I tired clicking "share printer" on his computer, but I still can't see it when I click "add printer" on mine... any help would be appreciated.
Eric

You have to go under the shared files in his computer, find the printer, right click and click connect.

What operating system are you both running?
Yea, the easiest way is to follow the above steps but first you have to see if the printer is shared. Find out your suitemate's computer name and then bring up Windows explorer on you computer and type "\\COMPUTERNAME\" and hit enter (Without the quotes and where COMPUTERNAME = your suitemate's computername.) Once you hit enter you will either be prompted for a password or be able to view everything that is shared from your suitemate's PC. This will include the printer if it is shared.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom