Print Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt12345678

Beta member
Hello all:

I am print sharing a Lexmark 7350 over my network. The printer is attached (port:USB002) to a Windows XP terminal and is setup as a shared printer by the name of "Lexmark7350". I am trying to be able to print to it from the other machines in my house (All use Windows XP) and am having problems seeing it on the network.

All of the machines are in the same workgroup and all pick up an IP address from my router which is setup with DHCP. Any ideas why I can't see the shared Lexmark printer?

Thanks for all help in advance.

on each machine you need to add a network printer just like you would add a printer if it was connected to that machine.

start, control panel,(category view), Printers and other hardware, add a printer, add a printer again (left menu),

in the wizard that opens select the option for , A network printer or a printer attached to another computer, Browse for a printer, navagate threw the microsoft windows network, find your work group, find the machine name that it is connect to click on the printer, make it the default printer, you will then be asked to install the drivers. Then you are done.

EDIT-

You don't need the driver cd the wizard will get the drivers from the PC that the printer is hooked to.

And you also selected the option for file and printer sharing when you set up the network wizard right?

Can you ping the machine hosting the printer? Ping by IP address, then ping by name.

ping 192.168.1.100
ping tomcomputer

FANTASTIC! It worked. I was viewing only the shared docs etc when I should have viewed the workgroup machines. Funny, it was right there where it was suppose to be the whole time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom