Print Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Chub

Baseband Member
Ok, here is the scenario. I have 2 desktops and a laptop. I have one printer via usb connected to a desktop. I am getting ready to buy a wireless router and cards for a desktop and a laptop. Right now all three are networked, wired. Since my printer will be close to the router, should i just get a wired print server and wire it to the router to be able to print from the laptop, or do i need to buy a wireless one. The wired ones are cheaper, so i thought that if i could use one of those it would be better than buying a wireless one. Any help or opinions are appreciated!

Since it's next to the router than getting a wired print server is fine. If you think you might move it away from the router at some time in the future than maybe getting a wireless one would be better.

So if i get a wired print server, i can just hook that up to my wireless router, into one of the ports, like a computer would plug into??

most pc expert advise against getting print servers with usb printers. the lpt port are good, but they say usb usually will have some kind of issue or another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom