PPPoE Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonHawk

Baseband Member
Hey all,

I have a question regarding PPPoE and how it works. I've had to come to a desision of getting SBC YAHOO! DSL as nothing else is availible; or at least at a reasonable price. So, as I've seen, the installation disk comes with a load of crap. So, I was searching on DSL Reports, and stumbled upon mutliple users using PPPoE to connect instead of using the installation disk. Well, I searched for the FAQ there, and stumbled across it, and it sounds easy enough. But one thing, do I need any additional hardware to use PPPoE that isn't provided by SBC, and if not, where do I change login details for PPPoE? I hope you guys can answer my question. As well, you can find the FAQ that I am speaking of here.

Thanks!

first, no bumping, please (before the mods say something ;) )

You just need to get a router for it. It's a setting in like 99% of the home routers on the market now. you just plug in the information in the config section and off you go. Very cool and very easy.
Plus then you give yourself extra ports so you don't have just one connection point...

Good luck

If you are running windows xp, then you don't and shouldn't use the installation disk to install pppoe. Just go into your network places and add a new connection. Those disks are full of crap as you stated. Then get a router 2 share your connection with any other computers in your home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom