PPPOE help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpillay

Beta member
hello,

my particular problem is this, my isp now has given me a broadband connection which uses pppoe. i am running windows xp on my machine which has three accounts. Say i dial in from my login with the "Anyone using this computer" option enabled, now if my dad logs in he will be able to surf the net, but once i logout, he loses the connection, right? what i am asking is, whether there is anyway i can get the connection to be persistant throughout, say like through a script running at boot-time, as a result of which the pppoe connection wouldn't be dependent on any of the logins, which will enable all of use to login and logout without affecting each other.

i would really appreciate if anyone can think of something, it's a nuisance having to remember who's opened the connection to the isp.

thanks in advance,
dinesh.

Do you have a router for this connection? If you do, it should be able to be set up for PPPOE, and then it wouldn't matter who connected to the internet first.

hilowe said:
Do you have a router for this connection? If you do, it should be able to be set up for PPPOE, and then it wouldn't matter who connected to the internet first.

I agree with hilowe,

All you need is a dsl/cable router (Linksys, Netgear etc.)

Once you have the router, just enter the ISP's logon information under PPPoE and you will be ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom