Powerline Adapter Help

miqballin

Beta member
I recently bought this powerline adapter kit-> WD Livewire

I have one plugged into our Cisco dpc3825 (http://media.cox.com/support/images/internet/equipment/Cisco_DPC3825_front.jpg) modem/router combo and the other one downstairs in a room.

I have connected a laptop and a desktop PC to the one downstairs. The laptop is receiving connection but the desktop activity/bytes/packets are moving very very very slow on the desktop [mostly not moving and when they move, they only move by a little].

However, even though they are moving a little, I cannot connect to any website. I am able to ping -t google.com through cmd and get this after a small test [Packets sent = 19, Received = 19, Lost = 0 <0% loss>. Minimum = 20ms, Maximum = 44ms, Average = 33ms]. So why can I not connect to the internet? :(

Any help would be awesome :thumbsup:

I recently bought this powerline adapter kit-> WD Livewire

I have one plugged into our Cisco dpc3825 (http://media.cox.com/support/images/internet/equipment/Cisco_DPC3825_front.jpg) modem/router combo and the other one downstairs in a room.

I have connected a laptop and a desktop PC to the one downstairs. The laptop is receiving connection but the desktop activity/bytes/packets are moving very very very slow on the desktop [mostly not moving and when they move, they only move by a little].

However, even though they are moving a little, I cannot connect to any website. I am able to ping -t google.com through cmd and get this after a small test [Packets sent = 19, Received = 19, Lost = 0 <0% loss>. Minimum = 20ms, Maximum = 44ms, Average = 33ms]. So why can I not connect to the internet? :(

Any help would be awesome :thumbsup:

May I ask you something, do you have a wireless adapter connected to your desktop ?
Also can you please hit start, type cmd, type ipconfig /all ?
Tell me if it says there is any media disconnected and see what ip it outputs from the DHCP pool ?

Back
Top Bottom