Is this possible(router to router)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, soulphire, the like you provided does not work. Is says it is forbidden.
strange. They might have added security to the page? meh.
Ah. Click on the link, then in the address bar, remove the 'k' from 'htmlk' and it'll work.

Mem, I wouldn't be too concerned about a little kink in the cable, I run a cable from my bedroom to my bro's, and it gets jammed in the door every time I close it, but it still works :) (we ALSO found that cable thrown out, so in my experience, they're pretty robust).

Okay bear with me, I need a little help. I got the second router hooked up inside the new house. Since the second router is not hooked up to a computer, I assume that I configure it through the desktop that is connected to the first router. Am I right? How does that work?

Does anybody know what the password is for a Linksys Wireless B router? We was going to put the wireless b router on the desktop and put the wireless n router in the new house but I couldn't get that to work. When I had the b router hooked up to the desktop, I typed 192.168.1.1 to configure it but it asked me for a password, usually it is admin but that didn't work.

So now we have the wireless n router hooked up to the desktop and the b router inside the new house. The ethernet cable I ran from the n router to the b router, what ports does it need to go in? Does it matter?

I was trying to get internet on the laptop and there are other networks on there from before. Is there anyway to delete networks so I can start over? Also I am assuming that the security and whatever else needs to be the same as the desktop is, correct?

Sorry if this is confusing to anybody. If you need something cleared up let me know. I hope to work on it some more this evening.

Well you should go to some page. It could be 192.168.15.1 or anything specified in the manual that came with it. If it didnt come with a manual check online at the Linksys site for info.

By default there is no password set.

Well you should go to some page. It could be 192.168.15.1 or anything specified in the manual that came with it. If it didnt come with a manual check online at the Linksys site for info.

By default there is no password set.

Mak, If they are trying to access the linksys router there IS a user id and password for it and both are admin. if the correct IP is 192.168.15.1

If it is 192.168.1.1 and it asks for a password try pressing a little button in the back of the router to set it to its default setting and then see if you don't need a pw as Mak says.

For the username put Admin, but for the password leave it Blank. That is the default for the router.

Okay I will try that. Normally you leave the username blank and put admin in for the password. Do you spell admin with a capital a? Anyways, what if the addresses for both routers are 192.168.1.1? How would it know which one to go to?

Okay I will try that. Normally you leave the username blank and put admin in for the password. Do you spell admin with a capital a? Anyways, what if the addresses for both routers are 192.168.1.1? How would it know which one to go to?

Hopefully I will work on it some more this evening and I will try to give an update tonight. I am sure I will need more help.

Sorry for double posting. Either the pc or the internet is acting up.

On my router, the Admin username/password is on the bottom, Have you looked there?

The Username isn't a capital a.

If that does not work, try admin for both.

Okay I was able to access the wireless b's router page. I had to press the reset button to get it to work. Funny thing is I went to the page that showed the password and I was going to change it but it wouldn't let me. The password that is entered in now is something long. I tried changing it to admin but went back to the original password. I have no idea what it is. Is there a way to find out?

I still have not had any luck getting it to work through the second router. I think I may have found something on Linksys's website that may help me out.

I don't understand this. On the computer that I am on now, it uses a Linksys wireless g router and I went to the setup page for the router. I entered 192.168.1.1 and it asked me for the password and I typed in admin. That worked. But I went to the administration page and it also showed a long password. Is this password for something else? I am guessing that this password is not the one I use to login to the setup page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom