Possible firmware problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mconway0003

Baseband Member
My xbox live connection recently just got a lot worse than what it used to be and i think it might have something to do with my firmware (firmware in general im not to familiar with). I have a 360 and so far my connection was fine until i noticed that when i try to play a game with someone in nhl 2k6, i'll get into the game but five seconds into it will start the 18 seconds until disconection or just quit all together. It seems as though the my connection is not strong enough to hold a standard game because when im configuring a game with someone else its fine. but when i start the game is drops. i have been using a wireless 360 adapter with a linksys router with no problems until recently. i also tried forwarding ports 88 and 3074 on my router and still nothing. i just installed peer guardian as well and it made firefox slow and when i disabled it, firefox went back to normal. but if anyone could help me even if they dont know anything about xbx live. and yes i did post this at all the xbox live forums, im just looking for some extra help because i know tech-forums has helped me a lot in the past.

thanks in advance,
mc

Specify the model of the Linksys router. Look under the router, there should be a label under it that will tell you the hardware version and firmware version, if possible provide these information too.

If you are experiencing problems with the wireless connection, try changing the frequency/channel and disable your security encryption for testing purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom