Possible firewall issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

huelsmann4

Solid State Member
Hi, first post here so bear with me. I have a Dell (I know -.-') Inspiron E1505 Notebook, XP Mediacenter Edition. I've had it for a few years with minimal issues and now I just have a minor issue. After about 8 hours of the computer being on with perfectly fine internet capability, I lose my net to certain programs. Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Windows Live Messenger lose online access, but Xfire, Teamspeak, Ventrilo, and my server administration programs (RconMax and ModernRcon) stay connected. Originally I thought it was my laptop not refreshing the IP from my wireless router but since those programs remain connected, I ruled that out. The only thing I can think of is my firewall closing the ports. The only way to fix the issue is to restart my computer after I lose connection to my most important programs and that gets annoying since it takes nearly 10 minutes to boot (too many programs on startup that I don't want to remove xD) and another 10 minutes to sign in to everything and get my server administration programs for Call of Duty 4 connected and running. If anyone can help, please do assist me because this is my last resort before Dell Support :(. If you have a solution, try emailing me at -SNIPED- Thanks for your time and assistance.

-Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom