Is it possible to connect 3 laptops wirelssly without router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to connect 3 laptops together wirelessly without a router...Is it possible? I want it to be able to play CS together...

If yes, then how do I do it? Ive never tried connecting a laptop-to-laptop before, w/o a router...Do I simply go the wireless lan icon and search for wireless networks and connect??

If that is not possible, then is it possible to connect the 3 together, but wirelessly and wired? (ie, 2 laptops together using wired lan, and the 3rd laptop wirelessly to one of the wired ones...?)

Thanx a lot...

Thank your for your reply...
What if I connect 2 of the 3 laptops together using wired lan, and then connect the 3rd one wirelessly to one of the wired ones...? Will it work then?

Thanx again...

you should be able to hook them up as an ad hock (peer to peer) network with out a router. They will need to be in the same workgroup and you will have to manually set ip addresses. ie 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 etc. for the three computers. have never done it but in theory it will work. the prob is when you want to go hook up to a router for internet you will need to change the settings. Now if you want all 3 computers to go online then you will need to set up internet conection sharing. At this point you may as well buy a router for it will be far easier. But maybee not as much fun as trying. :)

thanx guys...I actually have a router at home and am using it, but I am going to a friends house tmrw and was planning on playing counter strike over lan...there are 3 laptops (and a desktop) so I was wondering how many of them I can use...I dont need internet or anything...its just a temperory thing to be able to play CS over lan...

So basically it is doable? Is there any specific options I should set? (other than IP address)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom