[Ports Blocked :: Confused Pls Help]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Critizin

Solid State Member
I have had this problem for over 3-4 months now and its finally p***ed me off so much that i have to do something about it. so i went on google and looked for a tech talk forums thing like the one you have hear in the hopes maybe one of u can help me.

Heres my problem. my internet was working fine when i first got it allowing me to access everything and everyport it stoped working perfectaly when i formated my computer when i formated i noticed that i wasnt beeing allowed to access certain websites or games or ftp's or cpanels i have figured it out its something to do with ports but i dont know what maybe there closed. I cant access my cpanel for my website i cant access certain websites like 208.98.1.106:3881 Which is the ip and port number for a radio staiton i used to listen to and now can not access it im guessing cause something is not allowing me to view that port.

Heres the funny thing theres something about port forwarding on routers but i really dont think i have a router i mean i have this white box thing with a green light on it but i tryed looking up it make and model and it comes up as a surgeprotector.

Heres its information.

The people that make it is: Tranzeo Wireless Techonolgies Inc.

And the make is: TR-SUR-001

Searched it up and it comes up as a surge protector. i have disabled my firewall and i still cant access certain ports my ISP is canopy canada and its wireless internet.

This problem is really getting on my nerves cause i cant access stuff.

If anyone could help me with this problem i would thank them so much.

Do you have any security/anti-virus/anti-spyware/firewall application running that we should know about? Actually can you tell us what softwares you have that is active and running.

I would test the website or the host by pinging the name and IP, just to see if you can get a response.

Also, how is this "white box" connected to the Internet? I've never seen this before.

I only use windows firewall and avg anti-virus i have disabled both and i still cant get on my c-panel or that radio station.

I will ping the radio station just second: I cant ping the radio station it says that it couldnt find the host. but i know it works my friends on it rite now.

As for the white box thing i will take a picture of it here just a sec.

whitebox1.jpg

whitebox2.bmp

whitebox3.bmp

Basically my software i run is MSN, Teamspeak, Xfire, AVG Anti virus and windows firewall. those are the basic software i run.

Hope u can figure something else cause i havent found a solution yet.

This is really starting to get on my nerves :( i wanna be a dj for that radio station above and i can't till i get my internet able to connect to its port it seems all 3000 ports are blocked... :(

To be honest with you, I really don't have any clue about that device. I'm not sure if it's the one causing the problem, because that device could just be some form of a repeater, which means that the source from that device might be running to another network device.

Is this a school campus or at home?

You did say it work fine before you formated? So I would assume you might be missing a driver or software or some other setup.

What did you mean by getting in to the control panel, are you refering to Windows control panel or that device control panel?

The control panel for my website... and im at home it was working fine before i formatted and then it stoped working it might of been some driver or setting.. i donno any idea what it might of been though.

Hey i found a program called permidius webtunnel and when i run it i can access everything like i used to can anyone tell me what the web tunnel does that makes my internet work propally and then maybe we can do something to copy that i cant keep using the premidius web tunnel cause its only trial version and i dont have money to buy it:(

sorry if i double post this my internet is laggin thats another problem i have with it my internet will work perfectly except for the not being able to go to some ports.. is that my internet will work all night long from the hours of 8:00 pm to about 9:00 am but as soon as it gets around 10:00 am my internet slows down so much its slower then dial up then i have to wait till its 8:00 pm to have good working internet...

Has anyone come up with a solution yet? i really want this problem fixed its getting on my nerves :(

I didn't know you responded back with a solution. This gave me an idea, do you know what this program is? It creates a secure tunneling from your computer to the Primedius proxy server. The reason you are able to access sites that you haven't before is because you are bypassing the ISP filters. They probably got some firewall rule in place, and with this software the firewall rule doesn't apply to you since your packets are encrypted. So now you know, it's your ISP fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom