Port Fowarding technicolor tg797n v3

Lemme guess, default router as supplied by telstra? XD I have the exact same router at home so I'll get you a list of steps when I get home ;)

The technicolors default to 10.0.0.138 for the router address, and they have extra crappy admin interfaces so I don't blame you for the trouble you're having :p took me a while to find out how to do something as simple as changing the default ip settings!

Better publish it out on the interwebs somewhere, since it seems like when searching for this router model #...a lot of people are wondering how to port forward lol.

I'm publishing it here :p looks like they've just recently pushed out a firmware update for it, wasn't so hard to navigate this time.

1. Open http://10.0.0.138, if you see a menu at the top click the right hand button "Advanced"
2. Check your version is at least as new as mine (v15.1), then click "WAN Services"
3. Click the blue "Add new port mapping" button, then whack in your details as required!

Album with pics here if you need it
TG797N V3 Port Forwarding - Album on Imgur

Lemme guess, default router as supplied by telstra? XD I have the exact same router at home so I'll get you a list of steps when I get home ;)

The technicolors default to 10.0.0.138 for the router address, and they have extra crappy admin interfaces so I don't blame you for the trouble you're having :p took me a while to find out how to do something as simple as changing the default ip settings!
Sorry to be a pain, but have you gotten around to making that tutorial thing yet? It's just i'd really like to get rainbow six working again, thanks man.

QUESTIONS IN CAPS BECAUSE IN ON MOBILE AND THERE'S NO BOLD, I'M NOT SHOUTING
is there not an input box for a port number / range? If not...you may have to append it onto the IP address by doing:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:port
where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your PS4's IP, and "port" (no quotes) is the port you need to bind to.

PORT BEING THE NUMBERS UBISOFT GAVE ME? ALSO WHERE DO I GET THE PS4 IP?

Should be an option somewhere in the firewall settings of your modem/router. Risky? Eh, not really for a console since there's limited network stuff you can do with it (unless an exploit is found). You can at least put it in the DMZ without forwarding ports to see if that is indeed the issue. If it works fine in the DMZ, then you can remove it from the DMZ and add the necessary ports that Ubisoft instructed.
HOW DO I JUST PUT THE PS4 IN DMZ AND NOT OTHER THINGS?

Sorry to be a pain, but have you gotten around to making that tutorial thing yet? It's just i'd really like to get rainbow six working again, thanks man.
He already posted it - just above your previous post.

PORT BEING THE NUMBERS UBISOFT GAVE ME?
Yes. Although looking at Soulphire's pics he posted, then the instructions change slightly.

You'll need to do the following for each port # that Ubisoft gave you.
Name: Give whatever name you want
Protocol: This will be either TCP or UDP, depending on which port you're entering from the list Ubisoft gave you.
WAN/LAN port boxes: for each number, put it in both boxes.
Destination IP: your PS4's IP. I recommend setting a static IP on your PS4, as well.

ALSO WHERE DO I GET THE PS4 IP?
Here's how to set a static IP on your PS4:
Tutorial - How to Open Nat on Ps4 | Se7enSins Gaming Community
Ignore the part about port forwarding, as you're already doing that.

HOW DO I JUST PUT THE PS4 IN DMZ AND NOT OTHER THINGS?
Looks like the DMZ options are in the same section as the port forwarding section, according to the screenshots Soulphire posted.

Back
Top Bottom