Port forwarding problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to figure out how this is working at all

can you give me details like ip's when ur attached directly to the modem and when ur connected through the linksys?

is the modem connected to the wan port of the linksys?

I'm trying to figure out how this is working at all

can you give me details like ip's when ur attached directly to the modem and when ur connected through the linksys?

is the modem connected to the wan port of the linksys?

I'd leave it in normal mode. he running torrents through two routers and that is causing havoc on the ports

I would call bell south and ask how to get your modem into bridge mode, if you type in ur gateway address into IE when ur connected directly to the modem you should get a config page. If you wanna poke around in there look for something like protocols. verizon is always changing where it is so i find it easier to call.

If you have a pppoe setup make sure you get your username and password to enter into the linksys and then everything should work.

I have to use the Linksys... got two rigs online (my wife would kill me if I grounded hers).

I have a DHCP (I think) setup.

I changed the IP to 192.168.1.2, but now nothing. The online instructions said to use 192.168.2.1, but everything goes with 192.168.1.x so...

portforwarding.com has some instructions (I think I found them there) to make the Linksys a pass-through. That was what I was trying to do when everything went south on me. I don't have a problem rendering the router as a glorified switch, as long as I don't lose the firewall.

The problem with the Westell is that it is only a single port, but I need at least two.

I will probably fool with it tomorrow, as I am too ticked to fool with it now. besides, its almost bed time.

I use to use a motorola sbg 900 wireless gateway which was like your westell 6100 router and it only had 1 port. I added a 5 port gigabit switch with a crossover cable so I could still hooked up my other 4 computers and I put my Linksys WRT54G like yours in the closet. I was still protected by the motorola firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom