Port forwarding on my Airlink router...

Status
Not open for further replies.

C_olin

In Runtime
I have an Airlink router, and I'm trying to forward some ports...

I have the latest firmware, and I did what the AirLink FAQ said, but whenever I run nmap (TCP port scanner) the only open port is 80, none of the ones I attempted to forward were open...

Any suggestions??

which ports are you trying to open. just because you open ports on your gateway/router doesn't mean that there is a constant opening on your computer. port 80 was open because you were probably accessing the internet at the time.
For instance, if i open port 6117 on my gateway/router in order to play World of Warcraft from one of my computers, then it wouldn't show as opened until i launched the game.

yes, im aware of that, and I do have the program that i need to port forwarded while i scan, and the program is not connecting correctly

well, port forwardng is pretty straight forward...like i asked before.....which ports are you wanting to forward

ive tried manny.... 23, 8888, 8887, 8886, 555, 556, ive tried a ton of ports.....

try bypassing the firewall and place your computer n the dmz or just bypass it all together physically and see if you can connect then. this would prove or disprove an issue with your gateway/router.

I don't know how these forms work but I was wondering if anyone know a site where I can download the instalation disk for an airlink router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom