Port Forwarding and Firewalls

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlcanderX

Beta member
Hey, Im kinda new to this, I just got a router (TRENDnet TEW-432BRP) and Im having problems running game servers. I am a game programmer and am making an online game and the switch over to the router is making it so that I can't connect to myself when running the server and client on my laptop.

How do I solve this, Im pretty sure I turned off all my firewalls, but I don't really understand Port Forwarding.

AlcanderX said:
Hey, Im kinda new to this, I just got a router (TRENDnet TEW-432BRP) and Im having problems running game servers. I am a game programmer and am making an online game and the switch over to the router is making it so that I can't connect to myself when running the server and client on my laptop.

How do I solve this, Im pretty sure I turned off all my firewalls, but I don't really understand Port Forwarding.

Why not, it's pretty simple. There's a link sticky aboved. But to explain, it's just telling the router to forward the port(s) to the IP address in the LAN because the outside world doesn't know the IP of your internal network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom