Port Forwarding for DynDNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

suppafreak

In Runtime
I was wondering if anyone knows what ports need to be forwarded for the DynDNS.

Bellow is my home network setup.

I created a DynamicDNS at DynDNS. In the router I configured the new DynamicDNS in the DDNS section.

The #6 in the attachments is the Buffalo LinkStation which I configured as FTP. The LinkStation has a static IP 192.168.0.104. I am able to connect thru the FileZilla ftp client to the LinkStation when I type 192.168.0.104 address. However, I am not able connect to the LinkStation from outside. I tried configure the port forwarding on the router but was not able to connect.

If anyone is running DynDNS server on the D-LINK router or now what I need to do, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Just port forward TCP 20 and 21 to 192.168.0.104.

Dynamic DNS should only help outsider resolved your WAN address using a URL or domain name when given a dynamic IP that changes. So your DDNS service on the router just updates DynDNS when the WAN IP changes so it's always accurate.

Outsider have to used the WAN address or the DynDNS address giving to you to connect to the FTP server.

Tried the IP address and FileZilla, both cannot connect. Yet, when I ping the host name or IP address I get the replies.

What I would try is setup another server on another computer and port forward to that computer just to see if that router is actually port forwarding correctly so you can isolate the problem to the NAS.

Does the NAS have any build in firewall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom