Port Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
Ok so here is the deal...

Im trying to forward my ports so I can create a listen server in Garrys Mod.

So I went to start, hit run, typed CMD, and copied my defualt gateway IP.

so then I enter it into my browser and I go to lynksys and then I get this chart and I fill it out.

Start:27105
End:27106

Protocol:UDP

and then it shows this IP and there is this box with I put some numbers on the end...

IF anyone can help me id really appreaciate it and if there is somthing you dont understand I can clarify it

:D

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you are saying. When you port forward the only information you need to enter is the range of port, the delivery protocol (TCP/UDP), and the IP address of the computer hosting the service. You also need to put a check mark to enable it.

Post a screenshot if you can, itÂ’ll help clarify things better.

Yep, that's the correct way. All you have to do for the IP address is put the last octet of the IP address of the computer that's hosting the GMod application.

For example if the computer IP address is 192.168.1.100, just enter 100 and click save.

Ok thanks :)

Also do I have to unplug My router and possible modem and let it sit for about 5 minutes or should I bet good from enable :)

thanks again

EDIT:

ok I went to a site and it said my IP is

so should I put 48 in the blank spot right?

No, that IP is your global IP. That's the IP you would give to someone on the Internet to connect to your computer behind the router.

The point of port-forwarding is to tell the router it should forward the requested port to the IP in your LAN when someone from the Internet tries to access it or else it won't work because the router doesn't know which client to forward it to and it has it block because of the firewall.

From the screenshot, you need to enter your private IP. That's the IP that the computer behind the router has. Do ipconfig /all in command prompt on the computer hosting the GMod application.

ahhh ok.

So I did run, typed CMD, then I type ipconfig /all and I get alot of listing of Ip's..

witch one in particular am I looking for....

theres

IP address:
Subnet Mask
defualt Gateway
DHCP Server
DNS Server

sorry if im being a pest, Its just Iv been trying to do this all day and I wanna get it right this time.

Ok I got it :)

well I still cant get my server into the internet...it just stays in the lan Tab...

Sv_Lan 0 dosent work either...

:sigh:

thanks for your help :)

Check your firewall if you have any running. Check for any security application like anti-virus program that could be blocking the needed ports.

I never used the application, but you could post a screen shot so I can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom