Please Help set up my CAFE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenloft

Beta member
hi to all,

im a new to this internet biz... i have a internet cafe with 12 units (computers) and all are connected to the switch... and my ISP modems rJ45 is also connected to the switch... they say we dont need to have a server computer anymore so im using all computers for rent...im using winXP pro... my DSL speed is 512kbps... my lancard settings are all in 10base Full mode... and the network connection are all (set up by the ISP technician) is obtain an IP adress automatically w/c i think is DHCP enabled ip... and he set up the same DNS numbers to the 12 PCS.. becaus he choose (Use the following DNS)... but my big concern is this... if i am the only one using the net the inernet is very fast... but when more and more costumers are starting to use the net... the computers internet speed are going very slow... its as if its been shared and shared with evry computer using the net the same to all the computers its very laggy ...please help... i really dont know whats wrong with the internet set-up... do i still need a router? coz im planning to buy one... tnx

Your using bandwidth. Of course its going to slow down. 512kps is not that fast for internet. You need a higher internet speed. that 512kb is being splitup between all the machines.

by the way other cafe also use the same DSL speed and have 20+ or more units yet they dont have a slow internet connection as mine...

I agree that 512 is definately not a lot of bandwidth for 12 computers. One thing though, it is definately hooked up to a switch and not a hub right? You'll get mass collisions with a hub...

Are you sure you have a switch and not a hub in there?

If you have a hub, it will broadcast all traffic from each computer over the entire network causing quite a bit of clogging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom