Please help with my router!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
no this router is not from my ISP... i did a network diagnostic everything passed except the DCHP server...i have no idea what that means...and also when i do a network repair the ip address does not renew

i have tried typing the 192.168.1.1 into the web and nothing comes up and also typed 192.168.10.1 which i belive thats the routers default and still didnt work...

Make sure everything is connected. You should have a cable (DSL/Cable) coming from your wall into your ISP's modem. Then you should have an ethernet cable going from the modem into your routher (which it should be connected to the 'internet' jack, usually far left and separate from the other jacks). Then you should have an ethernet cable going from your computer into one of the open ports on your router. If you are trying wireless this obviously will not work because you have to be on the network to access the router.

So first make sure that configuration is correct.

I'm assuming that you may have already tried to configure some of the router settings, or possibly this could be a router that was already in use. Since this is a new connection i would suggest reseting the router since most of the config information will need to be changed anyways. There shoudl be a small black button (pinhead size) that you need to press for about 30 seconds. After that see if you can type 192.168.1.1 in the Explorer bar.

Again you are going to have to call your ISP and ask them to walk you through setting up your router. They will know certain things like your default gateway and how to setup your router to communicate with your modem. Your router is going to act like a DHCP server, in which it will lease out IP's to all the computer connected to it. But in order to do so you need to have the modem give the router.... just call your ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom