Ping Problems!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bpowa

Baseband Member
I have a 100 mbps comcast cable internet connection, routed to 2 other ports and one wireless occasionally with a Linksys Wireless-G broadbrand router Firmware Version: Satori-4.0 v2.07.1.7sv (If that makes a difference) configured for ports for bitorrent and . I play CS source on a server where my ping was consistently 20-70, but recently I have noticed that it has shot up to an average of 200, with random jumps to about 1000+. My roomies download with bitorrent and other progs, but awhile ago it didnt matter what they did, my connection was not affected. But now i have to beg them to stop downloading in order to get an average 150 ping on a close server. I have an onboard wired lan, check the specs. Whats going on? Anyone know? Any help at all would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Somebody might have a hijacker or some spyware eating up bandwidth. Use spybot or something like it to clean the systems.
You might be able to regulate the bandwidth allocation with the router.

Or you might be on a P2P downloading something else in the background that is sucking up the bandwidth. Are there and programs that need updates that might be downloading..

And your line isnt 100meg :)

And if your ping is always 150, make sure you are playing on local servers, and if that isnt the problem, your ISP is crap and you should try out local DSL.

Thanks for all the help guys, I don't hack i know that, on local servers it says before I play that i would have a ping of 40 or so, but then when i connect it shoots up, I have microsoft antispyware and norton antivirus running at the same time with daily/weekly scans. But it could possibly be the cord, what type of cord do i need?
Thanks.

wtf?? of course that would be a problem

why would you want NAV running at the same tinme your games are running?

It's not Norton, because I have it running during CS Source as well and it runs fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom