Phone Jack Wiring

ericc

Beta member
Okay so in my room I have a tv and internet outlet thing. So I have the thing that plugs into my tv and gives me channels, then below it I have my phone jack/internet plug. (I have DSL so my internet comes with my phone)

The TV port works, but my phone plug/internet thing doesnt. Whenever I plug my modem into it, the DSL lights up on the modem but the internet light doesnt light up.

So I'm assuming that it's not wired.

I'm only 17 and my parents dont know **** about tech stuff so I'd have to do the wiring to fix it. Can anyone give me a detailed video/tutorial on how to get this plug to work? Thanks I appreciate it a ton :)

ericc First off, has this DSL modum ever worked on any jack?

If it has not and/or this is the first time you are hooking it up, it needs to be configured and activated on the phone company system.

You are not geting the internet lite because the modum is not being seen on the telco system

This is not as hard as it may sound. The phone company gave you a user name/password that must be put into the modum for the system to know who you are.

plug your computer into the either jack on the modum and follow the setup instructions that came with it, if you do not have them, then call the phone company and they will walk you thru the setup.

Remember also that if you have regular phones thru out the house, you MUST use the special filters between the wall jack and the phone but NOT between the jack and the modum.

If you have a phone at the same location as the modum, then plug the phone INTO the modum and all things are good.

Back
Top Bottom