personal email address

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark33

In Runtime
Hi there -

I would like to setup an email account with a personalised email address (rather than @gmail, @hotmail etc). Would Outlook Express do this and let me create my own address? I only use desktop PC and have no server - is this possible?

many thanks

No, if I understand your question, that is.

You can't just go into Outlook and make up an e-mail address and configure it, at least before setting up an account with an ISP for example.

You would have to either hook up with one of those online services that offer customizable (< is that a word ?) e-mail addresses or buy your own domain space along with e-mail hosting or something like that.

No. You would need a email server and a domain. Cant just setup a email address with a domain that isnt registered to you or doesnt exist.

So you would have to buy the domain, then get web hosting so you could have the emails be send somewhere and then set it up for your PC to download using that domain.

Yes you were close OS. I just wanted to explain it more. ;)

thanks for the info;

So, I would basically have to set up an email server on a domain network including purchasing a domain name (I take it there is some kind of registry that exists that stops duplicates?). and the setup a website to be able to webhost.

- Considering I just have my desktop and laptop, think i'll stay with gmail for now until I set up my own business!!!!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom